A WEEK IN DUBAI! PART THREE




Day 3: Splash!
Tuesday 13th October 2015
We were up and out of the flat to catch the Emirates bus to Emirates HQ at about 10am, once at Emirates HQ we got a taxi to the Atlantis hotel on the palm.  Whilst on the journey to the palm we could see the Burj al Arab hotel which is the only 7 star hotel in the World!  
When we arrived at the Atlantis hotel we walked through the indoor shopping area to the entrance to the Aquaventure water park!  After buying our tickets and entering the water park we headed to one of the water parks shops where I brought myself a bright pink Atlantis beach towel and a case that would allow me to use my iPhone's camera underwater!  Kathryn and I found 2 sun beds right next to the lazy river, we sorted our stuff out, laid out our beach towels, lathered ourselves in sun cream and headed for the lazy river.  We went round the lazy river at least 4 times before going and trying any of the other water slides/rides.  One of the rides that we went on was part water slide part roller coaster and stupidly I forgot to lift my bum up (I think I may have got fiction burn on my bum in the water!  If that is even possible?).  At about 2pm we went for lunch at the shark bites restaurant, I had a double cheeseburger which was huge (I couldn't eat it all) and Kathryn enjoyed a portion of cheesy chips.  The view from the restaurant was lovely, we could see right along the coast from the top of the palm (where we were) towards the Burj al Arab hotel and the Burj Khalifa right in the distance.
After lunch we went for a swim in the sea, the sea in Dubai is amazingly warm its like swimming in a nice warm bath and at Atlantis it is unbelievably calm, there are no waves in the sea there as the beach is protected from the waves by the rest of the palm.  Whilst we were swimming we watched 3 or 4 helicopters land at the hotel Atlantis.




After our swim we decided to go for a walk to see the Dolphins at Dolphin Bay, they were so cute!  We then went back into the main area of the water park and on 2 more slides, these 2 slides were ones where you go down in family rafts and they were great fun!  After that we went round the lazy river at least another 4 times the last time round was cut short as by this time it was closing time at the park. After packing up and leaving the water park Kathryn and I cued for 30 minutes for a taxi, it took us 2 hours to get back to Kathryn's house as the taxi driver got lost and we had to get 2 emirates buses back changing buses at emirates HQ.  When we got back to Kathryn's we went to the shops to buy stuff for our tea, we brought vegetables, hummus and Arabian flat bread.  I ate carrot, pepper, hummus and bread for tea.  We each had a shower and then watched another film on Netflix.  We got to bed at about 1am.



I felt lovely and relaxed after our day at Aquaventure at the Atlantis Hotel, Dubai.  I love visiting water parks whilst on holiday, I have been to a few water parks in France (when I was younger), the Aqua Center water park in Menorca (in July 2003), Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park and Disney's Blizzard Beach water park both in Florida (in July/August 2006), Siam Park in Tenerife in October 2009 and June 2015 (currently rated no. 1 in the World on Trip advisor), and now Aquaventure at the Atlantis Hotel in sunny Dubai.

Check back tomorrow for part 4,

No comments:

Post a Comment