My Perfume Collection 2015

I've slowly been building my perfume collection up for a good few years, and I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite perfumes from my collection.  My collection isn't particularly large but I wouldn't say its small either.  I hope this post gives you some inspiration (possibly for a Christmas gift for a young woman in your life).



My Jo Malone scents are the latest editions to my perfume collection. I brought myself 2 100ml bottles of Jo Malone colognes and I later received 2 30ml bottles of Jo Malone colognes from Jo Malone as part of their 'Just Because' campaign. The 100ml bottles cost £85.00 each and the 30ml bottles cost £42.00 each from jomalone.co.uk I own: a 100ml bottle of Peony & Blush Suede Cologne a 30ml bottle of Peony & Blush Suede Cologne a 100ml bottle of Sakura Cherry Blossom Cologne (Limited Edition Spring 2015) and a 30ml bottle of English Pear & Freesia Cologne Peony & Blush Suede is a lovely scent for spring especially when it is mixed with Sakura Cherry Blossom Cologne, both of these scents are fresh and floral. English Pear & Freesia is perfect for late summer early autumn, this scent is quite sweet and floral. - currently this is my favourite Jo Malone Cologne, I enjoyed wearing this scent everyday whilst away on my recent holiday (post about my trip soon to follow).




Fame by Lady Gaga is the first perfume that I've ever seen that is black in the bottle but once it is sprayed onto the skin it turns clear (meaning that it doesn't stain light clothing black).  Fame is a lovely autumn scent perfect for a night out, this mysterious scent was released in September 2012 and was the first fragrance released by Lady Gaga in collaboration with her own fragrance company The Haus Laboratories Paris and the fragrance company Coty.   Fame was created in an unusual way; the fragrance doesn't have the 3 different layers of scents in the structure of the composition like most other perfumes, but uses so-called "push-pull technology” were the ingredients are mixed to highlight different aspects of each fragrant note at the same time, without any hierarchy. The fragrance is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes the poisonous flower Belladonna and Incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of Honey Drops, Saffron and Apricot. A floral veil of Sambac Jasmine and Tiger Orchid embody light and beauty and tie the whole fragrance together.  The longevity and sillage are both rated as moderate (this fragrance isn't heavy and not particularly long lasting so it may need reapplying throughout the day/night). Fame can currently be brought for £19.30 for a 100ml bottle on amazon.co.uk




Limited Edition fragrance Rock Princess was introduced to the market in April 2009.  This fragrance is a great perfume for all year round wear and it can be worn day or night. The perfumer of this limited edition is Calice Becker of Givaudan and the fragrance features white peach, red raspberry, bergamot, heliotrope, vintage-inspired rose, night blossoming jasmine, lily, cashmere, musk, iris and creamy coconut.  The Longevity and Sillage of this fragrance are both rated as moderate.  It's a shame that this perfume was limited edition as I'd love to be able to replace this scent once it runs out.




Daisy was launched in 2007 under the name of Marc Jacobs it is a sparkly floral-woody fragrance, that is fresh and feminine at the same time.  The fragrance is captured in a bottle that is decorated with daisy shaped flowers on the top.  The creator of this fragrance is Alberto Morillas.  It is a great spring scent that is perfect for daytime wearing.  The longevity of the scent is moderate and the sillage is soft. Daisy is a charming fragrance that has high notes of strawberry, intensive green aroma of violet leaf and sparkling spicy pink grapefruit.  The middle notes of silky and intoxicating gardenia, delicate violet, and jasmine petals.  And soft dry base notes are composed of white woods, vanilla and musk. Daisy by Marc Jacobs (Eau de Toilette) 100ml is available to buy from amazon.co.uk for £44.94




Paul Smith Extreme Woman was introduced in 2003 as a pair to the male perfume Paul Smith Extreme Man, this fragrance brings joy of floral notes, designed by Antoine Maisondieu.   The high notes include sage and freesia, while the middle notes include a floral bouquet of violet and heliotrope along with the spicy warmth of apricot.  The base notes include warm sandalwood, amber, cedar and sensual musk. The perfumes longevity is moderate to long lasting with a sillage is soft to moderate.   This scent is best worn during a fresh spring day and is currently available to buy on amazon.co.uk for £18.25 (100ml bottle).




Thirteen years after the enormous success of Angel, Thierry Mugler decided to challenge the perfumery world once again with his dream of the fragrance that would become known as Alien.  Alien is a magical elixir captured in a bottle in a strange shaped object, reminiscent of a philosophers’ stone coloured in a deep and mysterious purple colour.  The fragrance was launched in 2005 and was created by Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere.  If you dislike strong scents that bombard the senses then give this perfume a miss.  This perfume is very strongly scented and is unlike anything I've ever smelt before (possibly why it was given the name Alien).  I love this fragrance it is definitely an evening scent perfect for Autumn and Winter, it has warm layers that develop as time goes on, Indian Jasmine is the sweet high note that is more present right after spraying the scent onto your skin, Woody notes come through at the scents heart and a warm Amber scent comes through as the long lasting base notes.  According to fragrantica.com the longevity of this perfume is very long lasting and the sillage is enormous.  I received this perfume as a Christmas gift from my parents in 2013 and it is currently my favourite everyday Autumn Winter scent.  This perfume can currently be brought for £57.95 from amazon.co.uk (60ml Non Refillable).




Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Coco Mademoiselle was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge. The top notes are orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom and bergamot.  The middle notes are mimosa, jasmine, turkish rose and ylang-ylang.  And finally the base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver and white musk.  Coco Mademoiselle is my favourite ever scent I feel that it sits perfectly on my skin.  I received my first bottle of Coco Mademoiselle in 2010 when I was 18 years old.  I wear this scent for most of the important events in my life, including the day of my best friends wedding last august (2014) when I was honoured to be her maid of honour.  The longevity of this perfume is very long lasting and the sillage of this perfume is heavy.  This perfume is said to be best worn in the day time during the spring, however I love it so much that I will wear it day or night, at any-time time of the year.  I am currently working my way through my second bottle of this lovely scent and I am sure that I will have to purchase many more bottles in the years to come.  Coco Mademoiselle (eau de perfume) can currently be brought from amazon.co.uk for £47.87 (35ml bottle).




The most popular brand of luxury shoes and fashion accessories, Jimmy Choo, launched its first fragrance, simply named Jimmy Choo in 2011. The Jimmy Choo fragrance is described as "feminine yet empowering, with a lot of sensuality to it". The scent was developed in cooperation with Inter Parfums and the famous perfumer from IFF Olivier Polge.  The fragrance has the top notes of Mandarin Orange, Pear and Green Notes, with Tiger Orchid as the middle notes, and Sweet Toffee Caramel and Indonesian Patchouli as its base notes.  The longevity of the scent is long lasting and the sillage is moderate.  The Jimmy Choo fragrance is a great all round fragrance that can be easily worn all day everyday. Jimmy Choo eau de parfum can be brought from amazon.co.uk for £27.40 (60ml).




I brought the Aura Eau De Perfume by Swarovski 75ml in the summer of 2011 (not long after the release date) whilst on the Rotterdam to Hull Ferry. This perfume was created by Jean-Pierre Bethouart and Olivier Cresp of Firmenich, who coloured the high notes with shades of litchi fruit elements combined with floral notes of roses. In the heart of the fragrance is tuberose that emphasizes femininity, while the pink pepper tickles the imagination from the base notes, the scent is brought together with amber, benzoin and white musk. According to fragrantica.com the longevity of the perfume is moderate to long lasting and the sillage (essentially how noticeable the scent is on a person) is rated as moderate. In my opinion this perfume is a light, feminine, elegant scent which isn't talked about enough in the beauty community. It's a very good everyday perfume with a great price tag. Currently this perfume can be brought for £74.93 from amazon.co.uk (75ml refillable spray bottle).  Thanks for viewing my post.  Be sure to check back soon for new posts. Soon to follow this post: Welcome to Dubai  A post all about my recent week in Dubai and celebrating my 23rd birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment