Hen Do - For My Best Friend

My Best Friend Candace Is Getting Married... 

So I did what any good maid of honour should do

I organised her hen do.

On Thursday 24th July 2014, I took myself and Candace to a fantastic place near Preston, Lancashire
Ribby Hall Spa Hotel
(Pictured Above)
 
We arrived at 2pm
Checked in
Took our bags to our room
got changed into our swimwear and headed straight to the spa
we enjoyed a couple of hours relaxing in the thermal journey
before being taken into a nice warm room for our mud treatment
our skin felt amazing after all of our pampering and we felt so relaxed
we then headed back to our room for our showers and to get ready for the evening, whilst getting ready we enjoyed our bottle of champagne that had been waiting for us in our rooms drinks fridge since we arrived earlier that day
 
we stayed for one night at this amazing place
this was our twin room
 
after such a long time getting ready for the evening ahead we took the lift down to the brasserie where we enjoyed a few cocktails, our favourite cocktail is a Cinderella (orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, archers peach schnapps and grenadine) 
 
this is my best friend Candace looking very relaxed and happy
about to enjoy her 3 course Michelin guide recommended meal in the brasserie
 
my starter of salmon
 
Candace's starter of duck egg with ham hock and toast
 
my main course of fillet steak (rare)
 
Candace's main of lamb
 
my dessert of chocolate fondant
 
Candace had a very nice cheese board for her dessert
 
 
 
we finished our meal at 11:30pm so we decided to head back to our room, we watched some tv, chatted and then fell asleep
 
then following morning we woke up to an amazing view over the surrounding countryside
we got up, washed, dressed and sorted before going down to the brasserie for breakfast
 
we enjoyed a full continental breakfast that included fresh breakfast fruit juice, breads, pain au chocolat, croissant, and a wide choice of cereal as well as toast, fresh fruit, yoghurts, english breakfast tea and freshly brewed coffee
 
we also enjoyed something from the hot breakfast menu...
 
Candace had the Eggs Benedict, Smoked Salmon with hollandaise sauce
and I had the Buttermilk Pancake Stack, with crispy bacon and maple syrup - delicious
 
 
after enjoying our breakfast we decided to head to blackpool pleasure beach for the rest of the day so we headed back to our room, packed our things, checked out and headed for my car
 
we had a great time at blackpool pleasure beach we went on:
Wallace & Gromit's Thrill-O-Matic
Big Dipper
Avalanche
The Big One
River Caves
Wild Mouse
Grand National
 
we then went to see Hot Ice (which was amazing) after the show we were heading for the exit when we spotted that Valhalla was open (we had been told that it would be closed all day for maintenance) being super excited we ran to join the que.
oh my gosh Valhalla was good (not as good as Splash Mountain at Disney's Magic Kingdom, Orlando) 
after getting soaked on Valhalla Candace and I headed back to her house in Manchester, I dropped her off said my goodbyes and set off on my 2 hour drive home.
 
 
after getting home all I could think about was how good the Cinderella cocktail was that I'd had the night before...
so the following day I headed to Waitrose, followed by a quick stop at Sainsbury's (as Waitrose doesn't sell Peach Schnapps) to buy my ingredients and I made myself many Cinderella cocktails at home to enjoy in the sunshine
 
 
Candace really enjoyed her hen do and so did I, its what she wanted to do as a bride-to-be so I made it happen for her.
 
thanks for viewing my post
I'm sure you'll join me in wishing Candace and Daniel a very happy and long marriage.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment