Shape and Form

The mood board above was created in Photoshop CS6 by myself using three images from google.com and the photograph of the woodpecker was taken by myself, copyright of Elizabeth Mary Cross.
 

 
These two photographs were taken by my younger sister, Samantha Jane Cross whilst we were away at Keldy Cabins on the North Yorkshire Moors for our Dad's 60th Birthday weekend she has full copyright over these photographs ©
 I have been given permission by my sister to use these photographs in this post as I believe they show this blue tits shape and form off at great quality.

In the visual arts, shape is a flat, enclosed area of an artwork created through lines, texture, colour or an area enclosed by other shapes.  On the other hand, form can refer to a three-dimensional composition or object within a three-dimensional composition.

The top photograph gives the best view of the shape of the blue tit, it looks like a flat image with very little movement in it.
The bottom photograph on the other hand gives the best view of the form of the blue tit, as the bird is just taking to flight the image looks very much like the three-dimensional object that it is and it was clearly moving a lot as it started to fly.

Thanks for viewing my post,


2 comments: